Here’s the step-by-step procedure of how to install an under-sink water heater.
- Cleaning and checking
- Identifying the supplies
- Mounting the heater
- Connecting the hoses
- DOs and DON’Ts
First of all, before even beginning the installation, you should check if you have all the tool required handy or you need to get some. For this installation procedure, you are surely going to need a driller if you don’t have one, borrow or get one from a nearby shop. You need some screws(the number of these depends upon the type of water heater you are installing). Electric supply is must without a deny. It would be the best thing if you could arrange the installation instruction manual for your under sink instant water heater.
Step2: CLEANING & CHECKING:
Ensure that you have cleaned the area around where you got to install a water heater. Also, make sure that the area is completely dry to avoid any kind of electric shock or risks. Check if you have already removed any kind of sprayers that might be or are attached to your sink’s hot water faucet. If not already done, take a moment to do it. Now, double check that you have closed all the valves related to the sink on which you are about to perform the installation task. Also, close all the faucets related. Again, make sure you have all the equipment. Check for everything.
Step3: IDENTIFYING THE SUPPLIES:
Identify the valve that serves the hot water to your sink. Also, identify the main valve which acts as the water supply for your sink. Identify the hoses that you are going to use to connect the valves and the heater.
Step4: MOUNTING THE HEATER:
Once you are done with all the above-mentioned checkings, its time now to mount the under-sink instant water heater under your sink. Measure the distance between the holders provided behind the heater to mount the heater. Drill at the specific distance and put the screws. Hang it very carefully. Make sure that the heater is held intact, check it twice and thrice once you are done. After this check the hoses and measure them carefully. Make sure that they are perfect as per the required size.
Step5: CONNECTING HOSES:
Once the heater is mounted well, the only task left is getting the connections done. Connect the main water supply to your sink to the inlet of the water heater. After this, connect the hot water delivering valve of the under-sink instant water heater to the faucet that you need the hot water from. Connect all the other pipes. Hurray! You are done.
Remember you will have to wait! It takes time for the perfect things to happen. So sit back and have patience. Plug in the electric supply and wait for a while before using the most amazing under-sink instant water heater just now installed by you.
After approximately half-an-hour of time after all the connections are set and the electric supply is done, you are ready to use the most perfect instant under sink water heaters to deliver you the instant water heaters in no time lapse. Turn on the tap and enjoy the perfect hot water just from the sink.
Running the hot water from faucet for about 15 minutes, will remove the unwanted air bubbles from the tank.
DOs & DON’Ts:
- Do ensure that the electric power supply is turned off just before you start the installation process. Kindly check this twice.
- Do allow your sink’s faucet to be completely empty. This will ensure no leakage during the installation.
- Do use wrenches to fix the hoses. Don’t leave them loose at any time. This could be risky if hot water starts leaking at some point if hoses aren’t intact.
- Do close all the water supply valves related to the sink where you are installing the under sink water heater. Otherwise, you might accidentally get yourself soaked in water. This could lead to additional problems too.
- Do make sure that you connect the hoses properly and as per the mentioned directions. Else, you might end up misusing the heater, water, and electricity.
- Don’t be in hurry. Remember prevention is better than cure. Hence, never be in hurry. Take proper time and start installation only when you have sufficient 1 hour for the process.
- Do wait at least 1 hour after the installation process to use the heater.
- Do leave the faucet open for about 15-20 minutes just before using the under sink water heater to allow the air bubbles to get off the tank and smooth water supply.
- You should ensure that the temperature is set perfectly so that you don’t burn yourself.
- Do check for leakages and if there are any, it is better for you to cross-check the connections made and tighten them if any are loose. If you don’t find any fault, maybe your instant under-sink water heater has defects, call the customer care immediately. Consulting a professional is never a bad option in such cases.
- If there are any leakages, Don’t turn on the electric supply sooner.
Installing the under sink water heater is a very easy task. The steps above are the simplest and accurately designed procedure for the common installation procedure. If you have a user manual for installation, kindly refer that prior to the procedure starting. You should also make sure that you have all the necessary materials required before-hand. DO it yourself, you will feel good.